Friday 29 June 2012

fashion street samosa

Fashion street is a long road side shopping which every mumbaikar has once walked and bargained to buy few tees. Ofcourse there is a khau galli across the cross maidan but a very recent entry into the fashion street is the samosa sellers. These are people carrying their stock in big boxes. Stop them anywhere and they are happy to serve. Mostly you will find them in the evening hours as their clients are gala owners and not the shoppers. You dont need to search for them as the samosa walas have divided their area of operations in a way that around three or four samosawalas cover the entire fashion street so youll see one guy with a big box after every ten or 20 shops.
You can either ask for the banake or plain. Bankein means the samosa is mashed and then ragda is put on it along with chutney sweet and spicy. Normally banakein mein you get only one samosa as the plate is full of ragda. But the taste is awesome...dont ask for extra spicy chuttney as it can be really spicy. The samosas are hot and fresh and tasty.

PS: Bankein plate is for Rs 15     

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having trouble locating it but, I'd like to shoot you an email.
I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

My page lanka

Anonymous said...

Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your posts.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
Thank you so much!

Also visit my page ... comuneros